Tuesday 27 March 2012

Week 2 Design Process

I took my initial design to the group meeting this week, and although the group liked the ideas and concepts that I had come up with for it, none of us were all that happy with the actual form that I had come up with. I decided to start from scratch, and started by doing an abstraction of the curves and grids of the city to create different shapes.
An abstraction of the curves and grids of the site
From there I developed those shapes into three different panels that moved with the tide.
The three panels move so that at low tide, there are small platforms that project from each that can be used as tables, sitting places, etc. As the tide rises, the stairs give access to the platform above. Teaches that the river can both give and take away (in this case access)
I will present this idea to my group in the workshop on Wednesday afternoon to see what they think of it. I think that the ideas that I had in regards to teaching people about the river stay the same in this form, but are slightly more elegant than in the last form.

No comments:

Post a Comment