Wednesday 13 June 2012

Presentation Preparation

This week I have been working on my final presentation for Project 3. I worked on the model in Corel Draw and did it on the laser cutter, as a thought that the clean lines and ability to use acrylic would best represent my design.

I have also been working on my perspectives in google sketch up, which I am learning for the first time in this project. They are all working well except for the perspective of the user looking up from the bottom of the building through the open levels to the top. For some reason, the perspectives just don't seem to be working from that position, so I thought I would show the attempt on here.




Jesse suggested last week that I have curtains around the edge of the contemplation space, as in the Curtain house.



I thought that it would be a really lovely experience, but I wanted the contemplation space to be completely about the river, so I have left it open so that the first thing that users see when then get to the top is the surrounding site and river.

There was also a picture published by archdaily this week that showed exactly what I want the underside of my stairs to look like in the building. As they are such an integral part of the building, I didn't want users to be walking up a set of stairs with a flat ceiling above them. Rather, I want the ceiling above them to show what is happening above, with the ceiling sloping and curving with the shape of the underside of the stairs.


The rest of the process is going well, and I am looking forward to presenting on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment